BDSM/New to being a Sub

Question
My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and he wants a Dom/Sub relationship.  I am fine with the majority of his requirements. I enjoy doing things for him. When we go out to dinner or coffee though he doesn't want to pay. As my Dom is this part of him caring for me or am I responsible for paying for things?  I have never been with a man that has asked me to pay for dinner when we went out.  He is financially much more stable than I am so I am at a loss.

Answer
Hi, Amanda...

Never heard of such a situation.  As the Dom, he's responsible for you.  I realize that it's a touchy subject, but perhaps you could sit down and each of you write out your expectations of the other as a way of getting at the "paying for meals" and "financial inequity" aspects.

If you have the personality for it, can you simply sit him down and say, in effect, "We gotta talk..."

If you're uncomfortable with that, you might do some Internet research for "talking sticks" and tell him that you'd like to have a serious discussion and that you feel uncomfortable about discussing it with him and would like the emotional protection afforded by using talking sticks.

Feel free to write back if this doesn't go far enough.  Next step, I'd ask my Owner (I'm Owned by a woman who is a strong Domme) to help with the answer.

Bob

BDSM

Robert Rubel (Dr. Bob)