BDSM/Mistress

Question
I am having difficulty finding what I think is a genuine mistress. I am on BDSM.com website and subsequently email.  Each one asks me for a substantial sum of money $500 as a gesture of committment, which they say they will refund upon our first meeting.
Do you think they are attempting to scam me or is this usual practice?

Regards

James

Answer
Short answer-yes, scam.

Finding a genuine Mistress really depends on your definition of "genuine". May I suggest that you write down what you are looking for, what do you what to give, and what do you want to receive in return.

Consider, for example, transitory or permanent relationship? Is "Mistress" the same a "Dominatrix". Are you looking for physical pain,  humiliation, or rather an opportunity to be of service? Do you need to keep this aspect of yourself hidden or could you survive if a relationship were to become public?

Asking these questions will help define where you can look.

Another site by the way is Fetlife.com.

Anyone asking for money before even agreeing, and arranging to meet, is a scam.

Follow up questions welcome

Brian (Fetlife BrianR)  

BDSM

BrianR