BDSM/Locked box confinement

Question
QUESTION: Hi Khaos, I am Dominant transvestite Mistress with plenty of experience on the scene. For the last two years I have been in a very satisfying 1 to 1 (loving) relationship with my female submissive. Together we both have quite extreme ideas regarding objectification and ownership, The main one involving long periods of locked box/crate confinement. I am very practical and so making a suitable box will not be a problem. I would however like some practical advice regarding the realities of such confinement.

Realistically how long could my submissive remain in such a situation? We've discussed 12 hours but are both excited by the idea of 1 or more days!

Are there any tips or techniques in which my sub could prepare/maintain herself physically, mentally and emotionally for such periods in confinement?

And finally are there any real physical dangers that we may have not considered?

Any real practical advice especially concerning the psychology aspect will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Mistress Charles x

ANSWER: Yes, there are things you need to study. The confinement itself it not the problem. However when you add to id any sensorial deprivation (darkness, quietness, or especially no interacting with people) the intensity of the experience multiplies. Solitary confinement is so intense and powerful that it is considered cruel and extreme even in prison! So to research specifically about the psychological effects of sensory deprivation. That line of study will give you a better understanding of what to look for, what to avoid, and what to use.

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response. With this in mind are there any good web sites that you think would be helpful to my research. I fully believe in being as knowledgeable as possible before embarking in any extreme/edge play. After all Dominants have a full duty of care for their submissive.

Answer
I would start with searching for educational videos in the areas of psychology and neuroscience that have been made available on youtube. They are easy to find. Search for 'sensory deprivation' and start digging in. You will find plenty, but it will take some patience clicking around for good lectures.

BDSM

Khaos