BDSM/bdsm

Amador wrote at 2015-03-17 11:05:23
RE: finding a good/compatible DOM or Domme. Public play is generally safer than private play. Out yourself to the dungeon monitor as a noobie and they'll look out for you. Give them your hard-limits list. Do this in plain view of your DOM or with him in tow. Contract discussions should be in the presence of knowledgeable people who would be credible in court, and are third parties not affiliated with you or your DOM, or are at least knowledgeable and unbiased.

Long-standing local groups are probably the safest place to find a top because we all know what the other dominants in the group like, focus on, and how hard they play. A successful setup is a justifiable source of pride.

Munches can be great resources in this regard, as can groups for tops. Attend and learn, and you might meet someone you like as a bonus. Top groups are usually looking for models to practice on, and that is very safe play if there are a half-dozen or more regularly in attendance.

RE: Physical appearance. Like vanilla dating, beauty helps, will be appreciated, is a good draw, but won't keep anyone interested or in a committed relationship. Being paraded around a dungeon like a piece of Kobe Beef is a great feeling, so make an effort, but don't let it kill your game. Personality and compatibility are key to successful relationships bdsm or otherwise. 20 yrs from now you'll look back and realize what a hottie you are - do something nice with it while you still have it!

BDSM

BrianR