BDSM/Psychology

Question
I have experience of Flr but am now in the process of switching. I'm reading up on stuff I have no idea about and there are plenty of guides for physical things (how to spank/punish, knot tying for Shibari, etc) but I am unable to find any guides as to psychology. Really, I'm surprised because surely psychology is the most important aspect (sex being all in the head apart from friction). So some might say everyone is different and what motivates one is person is different from another person, but really? I mean we're all  Homo sapiens so there has to be some common denominators. Surely the most important factor has to be the psychological one. I'm pretty sure of my own head-space regarding this (though always willing to learn/grow) - I want to be equally standing on firm ground for my future partner.

Anyway, if you can give any guidance it would be really appreciated - both by me and the future Mrs.Sub.

Answer
Dominance is 90% mental, all of the other acts are simply reinforcement of this. The mental aspects are significant but there are limited reading available. It is mostly anecdotal in nature.  I have a few articles I have written on my journal in CollarSpace (profile MasterNanuck) but for the most part the bulk of the material is private and used for training sessions.  There are a couple introductory websites available to help.

http://dominantguide.com/1496/an-absolute-beginners-guide-to-domination-as-told-

But most of the material is limited at best. The first and foremost thing about domination and control is that it begins with yourself.  Knowing your self, controlling your impulses and acts in a focused way allows you to separate yourself from the individual you are controlling. There in the acts you perform become ritualistic and reinforcing not solely for your satisfaction.

This brings me to the second point patience, if you are rushing then the experience is is a race to the finish, and the journey is not enjoyed; by either of you. Take time, always leave the unexpected to emerge so as to through confusion into the mind of the one being dominated. This prevents them from finding hooks upon which they figure they can leverage you (top from the bottom). Never ever allow this reversal.

Thirdly know your subject, know their desires, needs and become the focus of their receiving those.  Their joy and pleasure is solely then focused on what you give them.  Understand that how you give this is as important as what you give. Think very much the same way you train a dog, after all a slave is psychologically nothing more than human pet.

Lastly, routine...  Patterns and rituals are important, they reinforce the learning and in the end become habit.  Habit is the basis of forming a lifestyle and a critical mass.

If you want to read up on one subject which clearly exemplifies this look at the "Stockholm Syndrome"; all successful doms use this approach to garner control and mastery over their subjects. In the end the subject becomes not only a willing participant but eagerly so. Their happiness coupled to that of their captor even when the captor is not present.

I can spend hours on this subject, but this should get you started. If you have more questions please ask.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck