BDSM/soon to be officially collared

Question
hello I am a very happy 20 year old soon to be collared pet sub, I'm a little new to this and kind of embarrassed to ask one of my new masters (a husband and wife) any of the numerouse questions I have.

1) Mistress told me that before accepting her collar I was something called a unicorn? Whats that?

2) I am always giddy when I receive a message from mistress and wait patiently for the day master sends me a message, my roomate says that I look like a 15 year old when I talk about them, is this bubbly feeling normal?

3)With previous non-bdsm relationships I have noticed that sometimes when I am spanked/teased/petted my mind will go else where (floaty, warm, general fuzzy feeling) and I will do whatever asked of me happily. Is this the substate I hear mentioned in other posts I have seen.

4) How would I go about saying I like something with out them Immediately trying to buy me it? Its nice but I don't want to be an expensive pet, or should I just accept it as the masters show of affection.

Answer
First, I want to encourage you to freely communicate with your owners.  I'm sure you don't want to burden them, or have them feel you're naive.  However, every question you ask them provides information about you - and a teaching opportunity.  If they find your questions tiresome, they should let you know (and you can decide what you feel about that).

With that footnote, let's get to your questions:

1) "unicorn" is what some people refer to a bisexual female, willing to join a couple -- a joke about the difficulty in finding the "mythical, illusive creature"

2) It may be that you're simply happy (and if so, isn't that a good thing).  You might also be experiencing "new relationship energy," a term that refers to the hyper-charged, positive feelings at the beginning of a relationship

3) Yes, what you describe sounds like "sub space" - the combination of body chemicals (endorphins, dopamine, etc.) that creates a euphoric state as part of processing pain and stress

4) That's great that you're conscious of how you communicate.  But as I said in the beginning, transparency is encouraged.  What they choose to do with the information is a different thing.  If you accept that they're in charge, then you recognize that they can decide whether to purchase something for you or not.  I would, however, encourage you to be mindful of how you share information.  "That's really pretty" is much different from "OMG I soooooooo want that!"

Enjoy the journey

BDSM

Ben Martin