BDSM/Trying new things

Question
My 'partner' and I have always had a sexual relationship we have been sleeping together for 9 years (on and off, between his relationships) we are very close and have no shame. We have always had a switch relationship. Choking, punching, slapping etc has been a part of our sexual relationship for more than a few years but recently we have come to the conclusion were into much, much more! We both are into stretching, to which we were finally able to try the other day, he was able to get just past his knuckles inside of me and I fucked him with a strap on. We have decided to try a larger dildo next time. We have started trying rope but get distracted and never end up finishing. We're up for anything but am finding very very limited information/ideas online!
So I'm asking, what's our next step? Extreme is good! But so is more common desires!!
Thanks in advance :)

Answer
search online for a BDSM checklist.  Review the checklist together and see what interests you.  Once you find potential areas of interest, research those (online, attend classes and workshops, read books) so that you understand proper technique and potential risks.  Then take the time to hone your skills before attempting more extreme things on a living and breathing partner

BDSM

Ben Martin