BDSM/Handcuff Marks

Question
I am a Full-Time Dominant with a Full-Time Submissive. Our preferred method of bondage is handcuffs. She has told me she likes the marks they leave on her as they remind her of me and how she belongs to me but no matter how tightly they're tied or how rough we play with them on the marks on her wrists fade within 24 hours. Is there any way we can enhance play to prolong these marks? She wants bruises, red welts from the cuffs but now they're only leaving barely visible red lines.

Answer
You should read medical articles to learn more about possible damage you can cause to tissue, nerve endings, and blood restriction. Bruising is a reaction to a trauma so every time we are creating any mark that lasts longer than a few hours that means we are playing an edgy game of damaging and recovering. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but the knowledge necessary to do it without permanent damage will come from the medical field, not the usual BDSM discussions. I don't feel qualified enough for that.

My favorite way to leave some marks (although just for a few hours) is to use rough ropes, especially sisal ropes. Metal is nice visually but ropes give more possibilities. Perhaps you want to play with that a little more. Sisal rope can be found at any hardware store.

Khaos

BDSM

Khaos