BDSM/parents of sort

Question
hi..this is different, but lately i have met online a 20 year old female who is out of state. found her on a bdsm site; she wants to leave the state (has family issues) and come here to live with us (my girlfriend and i) and she has a great interest is us being her 'parents' and i am wondering if you may have any advice on what to do or not do. for instance, what would be some things to say or do on the first day she is here? thanks!!

Answer
James:

I guess my question is if you are entering in to a BDSM or sexual or both relationship.  If none of these, then it is likely you are being targeted for other purposes and usually financial.  If however you are answering my question as one or the other or both it changes this risk to an opportunity.  I know that taking the financial responsibility is the duty of an owner, or parent.  Family issues need to be probed into, inevitably they have lingering scars which affect the psyche of the individual and can result in trust issues.

I guess regardless of what you do or how your relationships progresses it needs to start with a strong basis.  Set the ground rules up front, decide on those things which you view as totally unacceptable... and ensure she agrees with them. Reciprocate, make sure you can live with any thin that she makes unacceptable.  Then go to the other extreme and define those things that are a mandatory part of the relationship, or daily life. And make it clear it is agreed by all parties. This is where "CONTRACT" can help, while they are large unenforceable they certain set an agreement of concepts, understanding and the terms of reference for a relationship to begin; and how they will end.  "Common understandings" still become contributory factors and clear definition of intentions even in the eye of the law is specific sections are unenforceable.

I think day 1 is a slow day, it should allow for you to discover each other, review the agreement, and establish the basis for other days going ahead. Certainly discuss any rituals or reoccurring activities that are scheduled there after.

I think specific secondary activities will largely be based on the type of relationship you are entering into, and the aspects of the lifestyle you are going to make a part of this relationship.

BDSM

Aramock Nanuck