BDSM/Domspace/Dropping

Question
I'm a Dom, and occasionally, I drop into TopSpace. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but lately I've been dropping into a different kind of headspace altogether, one where I become extremely depressed and illogically scared of everything. I don't know what this is or how to handle it. It can last hours. Usually, I seclude myself and wait it out. Lately, it's been happening more and more and I don't know why. It's not your garden variety depression, as it only seems to happen after my Sub and I play. Is there any specific name for this, or a way to treat it?

Answer
Hello Angel,

What you are describing sounds exactly like Dom Drop.  It happens when the burst of adrenaline that happened in the beginning of the scene drops out.  This is very common.  The more you play with your sub, the better it will be.  Your body learns the signals to either shut it off or not happen at all.

Some things that have helped me is a blanket to wrap around me, a nice hot cup of tea, water and journaling.  Sometimes a hot shower will help.  It relaxes sore muscles and gives you a feeling of well being.  

You can have your sub get you the things you need once he/she has recovered from the scene enough.  

Basically, that time is time for you to be pampered.  You expended a great amount of energy into your sub.  Be easy on yourself.  If that feeling of depression grips you, find ways to make yourself feel better.  You deserve it!

BDSM

Daddie Mollie