BDSM/CBT

Question
Hello Mistress Natali,

My mistress has recently began to explore the realm of CBT, with myself being her subject. She seems to be particularly fond of testicular torture. My concern is that she nor I know much of the risk involved. We see tons of pornography floating around the internet with quite destructive subject matter. But how do we know what is safe? Specifically, I am concerned with crushing, hitting/kicking, and stretching of the testicles. I have attempted research myself, but anything I find with detailed scientific factual information basically says don't do it, especially if you want children. The problem is that as much as I enjoy it, she enjoys it more. We would like to know any information that may exist in these circles, as we are new to the physical application of BDSM fantasy. Are there any do's or don't's? Any safe practices to follow? How easy is it to go too far? She doesn't want to cause permanent damage, and the very thought of it terrifies me. Thank you in advance.

Painfully yours,
Patrick

Answer
Ooh CBT! It sounds so deliciously devious doesn't it?

The biggest thing to worry about with CBT is blood flow. Cutting off circulation is a lot of what the play involves.

Dull and painful aching or having blue balls is a common and normal effect after CBT.

The things you'll want to keep an eye out for any loss in sensation, swelling, persisting pain long after the scene, blood spots under the skin, loss of color, or other abnormalities. If you're not careful you can experience cuts, bruises, and other abrasions with this type of play.

So some general guidelines for CBT as I was taught was to always discuss what's okay and what isn't. Some guys love slapping but hate kicking, some guys love kicking but hate squeezing, some dribble at the idea of being encased or restricted while others do not. Figure this out before you're in the middle of play.

Always have EMT shears handy if you're playing with bindings that have been tied, glued, taped or otherwise are "stuck" in place just for safety.

I always start slowly and work my way up to the extreme as with most play. Remember to be careful with twisting or wrenching the genitals and to stop if pain spreads to other areas in the body or you notice any of the signs I mentioned above. If your guy is pierced, exercise extreme caution.

In terms of things to avoid it's debatable.

Some say you should not keep pressure in CBT without restoring circulation beyond 20 minutes.
Don't use weights for prolonged periods and don't restrain the balls too tightly.

When your lady is hitting, she should cup her hand to hit and use swift, deliberate but restrained hits.
Never leave any CBT devices or play on overnight. That is a good way to end up in the ER.

As with most BDSM related things there is always a level of risk involved. But if you go slow and listen to your body you should be able to have fun with this play for quite a while without any risks.

P.S. Don't forget to ice your genitals after CBT and give yourself time to rest before going at it again

BDSM

Natali Noir