Badminton/service in doubles badminton

Question
QUESTION: Hello sir, greetings of the day. My question is whether i can serve from wide court (fat court, in doubles) or not? similarly is that okie to serve from third court in singles? In addition to that can i touch outer lines of wide court during the service.

ANSWER: Hi,

Thank you for interesting questions :D You had three questions - I think I understand 2 of them. But please, rephrase 2nd question.
Yes, you can serve from wider court in doubles.
No, you can not touch lines (not just outer, but any line) while serving.

My best regards,

Külle

QUESTION: Hello, thank you.
Let me explain my question. In doubles, it is allowed to serve in the wider court but not in the longer court (ie third court). So, can I serve from the wider court? That is, from standing between the side line for singles and side line for doubles. In doing so, I will be touching the inner line.

Answer
Hi

In this case it is allowed to touch inner line (like it is not a line at all in doubles).
Whether it's ok to serve from the 3rd court - I'll have to ask around. But, who and why would want to do that in the first place? This gives you no advantage and rather puts you in a defence mode right away.

Külle  

Badminton

Külle Laidmäe