Bagpipes/How to play Gaita bagpipes

I'm looking for some information on how to play the the gaita bagpipes. I have been playing the highland bagpipes for several years. 1)I was wondering where I can purchase beginner book on how to play gaita or are there website that can teach me the basic? 2)Is notes and fingering similar to the highland bagpipes? 3)Are gaita practice chanter similar to the holes of highland practice chanter? 3)Can I use my(highland)practice chanter to learn gaita music or doing need to purchase a gaita practice chanter? 4)Where can I purchase gaita practice? 5)Do you know of any instructor (Near Chicago IL)that are taken new students and how much are lessons? I can do sykpe too.

Any information would be helpful. I ask if you response back in a timely matter. I'm looking to get started soon.

3. No, you would need to purchase a new chanter
5.  Unfortunately I don't, sorry!

Arash Ebrahimi

I can answer general questions about the Great Highland Bagpipe and the Spanish Gaita, how to go about learning to play the pipes, basic pipe maintanence and can point you in the right direction to almost any question you can think of. My main interest is piping influence in rock and roll and alternative music.

I have been playing the Great Highland Bagpipe for almost 3 years and have recently starting learning to play the Gaita. I am a member of a Northern California pipe band.

I have a bacherlor's degree in Psychology and Master's coursework in Social Work. I am currently studying piping music and music theory with a private tutor.