Bahá`í/Reform Bahai

Question
QUESTION: Hi
I was looking up the Unitarian Bahai website and notice that it supports full rights of gays. What about the Reform Bahai faith? Do they also support gays rights? Not sure I want to be involve if they do.
Thank you

ANSWER: The Unitarian Bahais (UBs) were supportive of issues as gay rights.  That attracted many people to it; however, it was rhetoric.  They were not active in any way in the gay rights movement, nor did they have any definite plan in that regard.  Their idea was to make the UHJ more open-minded and make the Unitarians more spiritual.  It was talk.
   I've never seen anything in the RBs about gay rights.  It is more into Abdul-Baha's 1912 Covenant and personal freedom.  I'd suspect that the RBs leave gay rights up to the individual.

Joel

QUESTION: I was reading about their beliefs on their website and they are all about personal freedom but at the same time they wish to follow Bahaullah. What are the Unitarian view on smoking and drinking? Do they support or don't care?
Are the Reform Bahai view on the smoking and drinking the same?
Thank you

Answer
My understanding is that smoking is allowed among Bahais,but not drinking
Neither RB or UBs have any statements about it
Do what you want.  Smoking and drinking are not issues in either group.  Mainstream Bahais forbid drinking and you can lose administrative rights.

Bahá`í

Joel Bjorling