Ballet/Pre-pointe ballet shoes for a ten year old

BalletMom wrote at 2009-04-20 14:09:30
You are asking specifically about pre-pointe.  My daughter is 7 and just started the class, as well.  My understanding is the class is primarily strengthening exercises in preparation for pointe work.  Most girls in the class stay in pre-pointe for about 2 years before they go on to pointe and then continue the pre-pointe classes for the first year or two of pointe to continue the conditioning required for the more difficult pointe work ahead.  As far as the shoes, they are never to be used as pointe shoes because there is no shank to support the foot en pointe.  They must, however, be properly fitted so they don't fall off the back of the heel when on demi-pointe.  Because the pre-pointe shoe is harder than the ballet slipper, they are used to get the girls used to the square harder toe and to force more of a flex in order to point the toe.  If properly fitted (and the class properly taught), my understanding is that no damage should occur.  Hope this helps!

Sara Day wrote at 2013-11-09 16:38:16
Usually you get pointe shoes from your teacher.Your legs need to be strong enough so you can get pointe shoes. If you were pointe shoes with our your teacher's permission, then you will Get injured! Warming up and practcing will help you get pointe shoes. You Get pointe shoes when you are 10. You get demipointe shoes before you get pointe shoes. If you want to take ballet you can go to the world's best dance school south coast conservatory formely known as MVDPAC.

Sara Day wrote at 2013-11-09 16:38:26

Ballet

Connie