Ballet/Change in ballet from the 18th century to present day

Question
This is for a research project in school, do you mind if I use your answer in my project?
Question - As a dancer, how do you think ballet has changed (techniques, costumes, music e.t.c)
Do you think that ballet is a leading cause of anorexia, other than the not eating anything of course.

Answer
Could you be slightly more specific?  Ballet has certainly changed and evolved over time - what time periods would you like to compare?

Also, I'm not really qualified to discuss the leading causes of anorexia, but science has shown that there are higher rates of eating disorders in athletic pursuits that place a large emphasis on leanness.  Also, eating disorder sufferers usually are perfectionists and desiring control, qualities that make good ballet dancers as well!  So anorexia is more common in ballet dancers than some other professions, but the interplay of factors is very complex and I would never say that ballet was a leading cause of anorexia.

Ballet

Connie