Ballet/turns

Question
Dear Connie, I've been practicing some ballet steps at home and I'm having trouble with a particular turn. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the step is called, so I can only describe it to you. I know I'm supposed to stand in 5th position in releve, then rotate in a circle, staying in 5th. I can rotate my feet halfway around, but then I don't seem to go any further just by rotating my feet, and I have to kind of swing myself around awkwardly rather than actually rotating with my feet to make a full circle. I hope I have explained this properly. How do I do this step properly? Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi Liz,

I believe the step you're trying to execute is a full turn from fifth.  Try this: Start with your right foot front.  Start to turn towards the back foot (to the left).  When you get halfway around, allow your legs to switch so your left leg is in front.  Then continue turning but lift your left foot slightly to allow the turn to continue.  Does this solve your problem?

-Connie

Ballet

Connie