Bankruptcy Law/Non-Profit Sports Team Shuts Doors

Dear Mr. Lee,

We live in the state of Washington and were notified yesterday by the coach of our son's swim team that the team was out of money and the last practice would be today as a result of the public school that owns the pool one month prior requiring payment of a significant past amount that was past due.  We had accepted the offer for reduced dues by paying the 10-month yearly fee up front, and amount of $1,635.  The unused amount is $1,308 that we had paid with a credit card.  We sent an email to the coach asking for a return of the unused amount and received a reply that she would need to talk with her attorney.  Any advice would be genuinely appreciated.  Thank you!

Hello Bill:    I just saw your question in the general question pool and did not know if you had resolved the problem yet or not.   

There is no way that anyone could give you a good answer to your question without knowing more about the particular situation you find yourself in.   Specifically, if you can call me and we can look up the bankruptcy and see what is going on, then you will be in a better position knowing what to do.   

You may be able to get your money back, but it depends on what kind of bankruptcy was filed, what representations were made, etc.     You can call me anytime at the number indicated below and we can look up the bankruptcy -   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.     

Jack Hall, J.D.
Hall Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period