You are here:

Bankruptcy Law/vehicle surrendering


what can i do if creditor refuses to come get the vehicle that was
dismissed in court over three years ago vehicle dosnt run do i still have to keep up insurance or can i junk it what are my options

Hi Kenny:
This kind of thing happens all the time.   The way I have my people handle it is to just take the car, tow it, whatever, to the dealer or to the bank.   Then walk in and hand them an envelope with the keys. and then leave.    That is the most direct and least expensive way to do it.

Bankruptcy Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bankruptcy Services


Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893


Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Past/Present Clients
Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period

©2017 All rights reserved.