Bankruptcy Law/bankruptcy 7 reaffirmation delay

Question
Filed chap 7 Feb 2012. Reaffirmed 2 cars, got the paperwork signed, turned in. Reaffirming our house but the bank/banks attorneys will not send reaffirmation forms to fill out. The case keeps getting delayed month after month. Do we have any other recorse against the bank? Over a year later, still no reaffirmation papers. Now we are 1 month behind on the mortgage.
any advise? Can this go on forever before the discharge?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hello Ron:

Can this go on forever before the discharge?   Not usually, but it sounds like there is something more going on here that perhaps you do not know about.    

If you would like to talk about this further, it would be much easier to talk about on the phone because you do not give enough information in your question to give you a complete answer or to suggest what you could do to finalize the discharge.    You are welcome to call me if you like at any time at this number.    915  261-3893     I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.    If necessary we could look up the case on the court docket (on the computer) and see what is going on and then go from there, but you have not given enough information to even do that.   I look forward to hearing from you if you decide to call back.

Jack Hall    J.D.
Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services