Bankruptcy Law/bankruptcy protection loss

Question
I had my debts discharged in Chap 7 last year. Now, because of economic reasons I want to get my loan modified on one of the debts discharged( rental property).  If approved, the bank will want me to sign an agreement to pay an old debt that has already been discharged.  Do you think I will lose my Chap 7 protection for this debt alone, if I sign the modification of the loan?

They bank told me that if the modification is approved, I won't lose my Chap 7 protection.  But why should I believe the bank.

Answer
The obligation to repay should only apply to the loan modified.  But it's a matter of reading and understanding the agreement.  There would be little point in the bank's trying to get you to waive your discharge for debts other than the one owed to it.  Still, you and perhaps someone with expertise should read it carefully.  

Bankruptcy Law

Michael T. Hertz