Bankruptcy Law/BK discharge and lien release

I am in the collection business however a fairly new addition to the field and I am as of yet uneducated in this particular area.  I have come into some accounts which have been discharged in BK court however with liens recorded prior to BK filing.  Am I required to release these liens upon discharge??  Or is the debtor responsible for this??  My only desire is to stay within the boundaries of the law and show our clients the utmost respect as to their rights as consumers.  Your advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Lia:     You have asked a question that is not a simple yes or no answer.  If you wish, you can call me on the phone anytime you wish and I can explain how it works with liens and bankruptcy, depending on the particular situation.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.   You can call me at this number.

Jack Hall    J.D.
Hall Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period