Bankruptcy Law/Lien

Question
A creditor put a lien on my home, I have paid off that creditor, how can I can I get the lien remove, or will they do it?

Answer
Judgment liens, such as the one you describe, can be removed in bankruptcy if certain numbers match up (the lien must impair an exemption to which the debtor is entitled on the date the bankruptcy case is filed; this is usually satisfied if there is very little or no equity in the property).

However, you state you've already paid off the debt and you don't mention any bankruptcy case having been filed, so I'm not sure why you posted this in a bankruptcy category.  If you paid them off, they should definitely remove the lien against your home.  Typically this is done by them recording a "satisfaction of judgment"

Mark Markus has been practicing exclusively bankruptcy law in California since 1991.  He is a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization,  AV-Rated by martindale.com, and A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.  

Bankruptcy Law

Mark Markus