Bankruptcy Law/Post Chap 7 filing

I received my Chap 7 discharge last year.  I stated to surrender my property but its been 11 months
and the bank has not done anything.  Rather than have an vacant house and expose it to vandalism, or squatters, I plan to do a Deed in Lieu and remove this potential liability.  Do i have to declare any property defects to the lender?

If you intent to do a deed in Lieu of foreclosure, the mortgage company will give you a list of the information that should be provided to them. Contact the mortgage company about your interest in doing  a deed in lieu of foreclosure. First they will determine whether you qualify to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Once they determine this then they will ask you for specific information and documents to complete the process. Generally it includes information about existing liens and a hardship letter. More than likely you will be required to disclose defects in the property. Many mortgage companies require that the property must not have structure or foundation defects in order to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure.

To learn about different options available to homeowners you can go to:

Bankruptcy Law

Norma Duenas - California Bankruptcy Attorney

Norma Duenas is a California Bankruptcy Attorney representing clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases. Norma Duenas is the founding member of Southern California Law Advocates a consumer bankruptcy law firm. For further information you can visit us at: Bankruptcy Attorney in Orange County

Have filed over 350 consumer bankruptcy cases in Orange County, Los Angeles and Riverside. I have worked previously for Macey and Aleman, the largest consumer bankruptcy firm in the country. Currently I am the owner of Southern California Law Advocates, a bankruptcy law firm with offices in Orange County, Los Angeles and Riverside. Law offices is focused on consumer Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

California Bar Association American Bar Association

University of California, Irvine, BA in Criminology, Law and Society California State University, Los Angeles MS in Criminal Justice University of San Diego, Law School, JD Cum Laude