Bankruptcy Law/chapter 13

Is Va compensation for a military service connected disability counted as income in a chapter 13 bankruptcy?

Hello Stephen:

The short answer to your question is "absolutely."   In virtually all Chapter 13 cases, the issue is more how much income rather than where the income came from.

If you are having problems figuring out if bankruptcy is a good option for you, or if you should have to file 13 in the first place, this would be much easier to discuss on the telephone.   I will not charge you to talk on the telephone.   

You can call me anytime at this number.

Jack Hall, J.D.
Hall Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period