Bankruptcy Law/Post Bankruptcy foreclosure

Question
I was Chapter seven discharged three years ago. Before the Chapter 7, I already had my loan modified .

Because I'm have financial problems, I cannot catch up with my increasing payments.Now  the lender will foreclose on the property  very soon. I

I am leaving my personal belongings behind as they are too excessive.  Do you know whether the lender or the buyer can charge me for storing or discarding the abandoned belongings?

Answer
No.  There is no basis of which I am aware for them to charge for removal of personal belongings.  

The debt you owe to them was discharged in your bankruptcy and unless you violated some state or local ordinance after your bankruptcy case was filed, or someone was injured on the property, you would not have any further responsibility.  (That is a good reason, however, to maintain liability insurance until the sale has actually taken place).

Bankruptcy Attorney Mark Markus has been practicing exclusively bankruptcy law in California since 1991.  He is a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization,  AV-Rated by martindale.com, and A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.  CONTACT MARK for more information or to schedule an appointment.  

Bankruptcy Law

Mark Markus