Bankruptcy Law/4 years after Ch 13 completion and lien

I completed my Chapter 13 almost 4 years ago. Included in the Chapter 13 was a vehicle, which I received a lien release after completion. There was also an atv included in bankruptcy. It had a lien on it and I never received a release. I still have the atv and I'm guessing it still has a lien on it. Can they still repo it? Should I call them and ask them about the lien? I don't want to hang onto it forever just because of a lien. Thanks.

Whether they can repossess now or not depends on some factors that you do not state in your question.    For one, the specifics of the chapter 13 plan that was confirmed and completed will determine what happened to the lien on the car -   did the plan strip down the lien based on the fair market value of the vehicle at the time of the filing of the plan as compared to the amount you owe (or owed)?    Your location (i.e., the state you are in) might even be a factor.     Chances are that you don't have anything to worry about, but as you suggest, this could still be an enforceable lien.    

This would be much easier to talk about on the phone and in just a few minutes I could give you a better idea of the status of the lien.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.   You can call me anytime, including this weekend, at this number:    915  261-3893

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period