Bankruptcy Law/Short Term Disability & Bankruptcy

Question
should Bankruptcy Deductions be taken from an employee's Short Term Disability Payments?

Answer
Hello Edwin:
I am not sure what you mean by your question.   When you say "bankruptcy deductions", do you mean are your short term disability payments exempt?    Usually when one talks about deductions they are talking about taxes, not bankruptcy.     Is it possible that you don't fully understand how the bankruptcy process works?  This would be much easier to help you by just calling me on the telephone.   I would be glad to help you and I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.     I just got your question a few minutes ago and if you call me now, I will be available to talk to you at this number.   915   261-3893      I look forward to hearing from you if you decide to call.

Jack Hall, J.D.  

Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Services