Bankruptcy Law/modification after Chapter 7 discharge

Question
I had  all my mortgage debts discharged in Chap 7 in 2012., I did not sign a reaffirmation agreement. Five months earlier in 2011 I had modified my residence.  I know that I won't be personally liable for this Chapter 7 debt.

This month, I had my rental property modified.  The modification did not include a reaffirmation agreement for me to sign , and I wouldn't have signed it anyway.  This property was also included in my Chapter 7 .   I did not sign a reaffirmation agreement for this  property either.

Would modifying this property after a Chapter 7 discharge   leave me unprotected and personally liable for the debt ?  Thank you in advance for your answer.

Answer
Modification should not be treated as a new debt and therefore it should not leave you subject to personal liability after your bankruptcy discharge. The issue has not really been addressed in bankruptcy court. My position is that it modifies an existing mortgage and therefore is not a new debt that results in personal liability. To read more about this you can go to:

Foreclosure After Bankruptcy-Do I Have to Pay the Mortgage Company?  

Bankruptcy Law

Norma Duenas - California Bankruptcy Attorney