Bankruptcy Law/Chapter 13

Question
I filed chapter 13 this year , and ended up geting a loan from my bank which my lawyer sent me a letter bout that was not a good thing to do , and im wondering if i will get a tax refund when i fill my taxes this year

Answer
Those are two different issues.

1.  If you filed Chapter 13 then got a loan (and incurred new debt) without court approval, have your attorney move the court for approval nunc pro tunc.

2.  I don't know how things work in Kansas, but here in the Washington, D.C. area, if you are in a percentage Chapter 13 plan (meaning that you will repay less than 100% of what is owed to unsecured creditors) then your tax refunds must be surrendered to the Chapter 13 trustee for distribution.

Good luck!

Brian V. Lee, Esq.
Lee Legal, PLLC
www.lee-legal.com

Bankruptcy Law

Brian V. Lee, Esq.