Josh wrote at 2011-08-21 21:25:08
Well I can tell you this much, Southern Baptist churches for the most part do not have Elders. The deacons pretty much take their place. After reading your question I myself became a bit intrigued in this and did a little research, and came up with several awnsers, all of them plausable and none of them something I Liked. The common awnser was that the Baptists are Men of the Bible, and don't understand that the Title of Elder is given by the Holy Ghost.

diz wrote at 2013-05-14 11:08:42
it is not biblical not to have elders and when they {men} try to change Gods word watch out maybe that's why we see the lack of love in the church. God bless us all glory to God

Clive Heath

I can answer most questions on the subject of the Baptist/Christian faith. I am an active member of a Baptist Church Fellowship. I study the Bible and the Scriptures every day and have no problem talking to people about this. I am more than happy to answer the Lord's calling and help and support all people that are in need. I believe that is now my role in life.

Some times people go the wrong way in life because they have been let down by those that are close to them. It is all about trust, compassion and support. I carry out a lot of outreach work, so I know how important these things are to be able to reach people. I have worked with drug addicts and the homeless, as well as young people who have lost their way in life or are in prison.

Baptist Fellowship.

My articles and letters have appeared many times in the local paper.

I am am a Deacon and secretary of my church, and also spend lots of time now also ministering to people in old folks homes as well as other outreach work.

I have won a National award for working with and supporting sick people.

I do not call them clients, they are people in need of the love of God and of people. I have mentored many young people, including those that are in our local prison, to hopefully live an honest and Christian life.