Baptists/Confused

Question
Hi, Dr. Schultz

I hope you could help me find some light to this question. Two years ago I went through some evil spiritual stuff. It first started with me having this dream of shaking this being's hand and then he put something on my forehead. I dont know if you really believe in dreams or not, but for me some dreams do manifest into reality. From that point on I start to experience all sorts of evil, for instance hearing laughter at night being awaken by a touch etc... Then I came across this video that I watched in youtube by bill schnoebelen is called exposing the Illuminati. Which i would like you to watch from parts 7 to 9. Which is part of the question. Bill says that you have to believe in Jesus Christ in order for what I am going through to stop, but doesn't he explains the mark of the beast? According to somewhere in revelations who ever receives the mark is a child of the enemy. Now I talked to my Christian friend and he says that I'm ok because what is being discussed in Revalation is going to take place on the future. I really need some serious help. Now I do have a stronger relationship with Christ but my past be lirking in my mind. Hope you can help

Answer
First of all, my friend, let me say that Christians spend too much time worrying about the Illuminati or whatever other conspiracy group or theory.  The Bible tells us that there is a mystery of iniquity that was already going on at the time of the Apostles.  We are to spend our time in the Light, not the darkness.  No matter what we think we expose or defeat we will not stop that ultimate conspiracy that is sired and fired by the devil.  God will ultimately end that mess.

Our mission is to win souls and edify the saints.  We are told that it is shameful to talk about what they do in darkness. It is a million leg octopus that regenerates in a second any leg you lop off.  It is a futile effort.  Our work is to keep people from the tentacles and free those ensnared.  I do that by preaching and teaching the truth and pointing folks to Jesus.  All Christians are called to that work.

I believe that God once manifested Himself in dreams and does still speak to us through the Spirit and His Word.  Often our dreams are just puzzle pieces of stuff that the mind is trying to categorize and put the pieces together.  Sometimes the pieces seem to create a nice motion picture but the only truth in them is that we have experienced handshakes, someone touching our head to check a fever in sincerity or jest so we dream about it some time later if not the night it happens.  

Because we are relaxed there are times when verses or solutions may come to our mind that could not come before in a hectic day or when we were perplexed and struggling to understand something in our own strength or logic.  Thus when we in a sense turn off the conscious mind the Spirit can get through to us better or the brain finds something that someone had said to us that we did not really hear consciously.  It takes that and says, "Hmm, I have this piece of Scripture and this situation going on.  Looks like a match."  When they match up it may even wake us up and we say what a revelation when in fact the Spirit tried to tell you this five times from 10-9 and you would not listen until 3 AM. He can also interject thoughts into you mind at night.  Unfortunately, the enemy can also do the same.  Because the enemy is such a faker and liar it takes discernment to know the difference.

It can seem like the most awesome spiritual thing you ever heard or "saw", but if it does not match up with the Word it is not of God.  It could seem like the most crazy thing you ever heard but could be of God because His thoughts are not ours but higher and He has had His people do some things that were not considered being of good decorum but in the end He magnified Himself and got His message across to us thick headed and hard hearted humans.

I don't think you dream had any real significance, but if you have been dabbling in studying the occult or the conspiracy theories you may have just pieced together some things you read in your studies and the enemy is using his or your interpretation to unsettle you and rob you of your peace.  The mark of the Beast is a real mark placed by real people in a real time, not a dream process.  You would not have a stronger relationship with Christ if you got that mark for that mark damns the soul who receives it. The invisible seal is placed by God on some chosen folks during the Tribulation.  144,000 Jewish male virgins from the 12 tribes will be sealed with a seal only He and maybe the demons will see since this mark protects them so that leaves you out.

As to the voices and the touch you may have opened yourself up to some demonic oppression by studying the Illuminati stuff.  I would suggest you pick up the material a friend of mine has put together.  He does have some free material that will help you, but I would buy the other material if I were you.  I think it should be mandatory reading for all Christians.  

http://www.impactcounseling.bigcartel.com/

I strongly suggest that you consider this book as well to see if you have picked up some wrong things based on what preachers you have heard.

http://www.amazon.com/Christianity-In-Crisis-21st-Century/dp/0849900069

Also, since these things happen at night and a lack of sleep can cause many things like hearing voices and such, you may want to be checked for sleep apnea or other health issues that can cause sleep disruption.  I would suggest a complete physical especially if it has been awhile since you had one.  The enemy will take advantage of a person in a weakened physical condition.  Humans are physical and spiritual creatures so checking out both areas is wise.  

There is no lack of faith by going to a doctor.  When Hezekiah prayed to be allowed to live longer God send Isaiah to put a fig plaister on him.  That sounds like medicine and yet God had to allow it to work for we know the same medicine that heals one person does not heal another.  God is always the determining factor but He does allow us to care for each other by providing wisdom and medicines.  So do a physical and spiritual checkup as one affects the other.

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/primary-links/how-sleep-works

May you find the peace and healing of God by miracle or medicine!  Maranatha!  

Baptists

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz