Baptists/Witholding communion to chuech member.

Question
Under what circumstances should a Pastor or Deacon withhold Communion from a church member?

Where can I find biblical support for your answer?

David

Answer
David, good question. The verse that some Pastor's use is 1 Cor. 11:27-28. Paul is addressing a controversy where it seems some of the Corinthians were coming together to stuff themselves, and excluding others. That too is the consumption of the Lord's Supper in a disrespectful manner.

A Pastor can restrict the Lord's Supper if a member is has committed some gross sin and that person is not worthy of taking communion according to 1 Cor. 11:27-28.

Hope this helps.

Dr Don Howe, RN, PhD, ThD.

Baptists

Dr Don Howe