Baptists/voluntary castration and is it ok?

Question
Hi! I was wondering what the baptist faith feels about voluntary castration. So many parts in the gospel seem to say that if something causes you to sin you should cast it away, but I was also told that eunuchs were looked at as lesser men, and were forbidden to enter service.

I would appreciate your input.

Answer
Howdy, Justin!

Unfortunately, those passages are some of the misunderstood passages in the Bible.  Jesus was speaking to their false belief that your body parts caused you to sin, not your heart.  If I have a lustful eye it is my eye's fault. If I steal is because of my hand.  That way they thought they escaped personal responsibility by blaming their part and not their heart.  Jesus was saying that if you truly believe that then it is better to lose an hand than go to Hell with all your parts.  

There are similar superstitions that arose after they started heart transplants.  Supposedly, people who never smoked or drank started having the desire to do so because the heart donor smoked and drank or they stopped loving their wife because they loved the wife of the donor.  That is poppycock and balderdash because the heart and seat of the emotions is not in the blood pump, but rather your brain.  Jesus tells them their real source of their problem in these verses.

Matt 15:19-20

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.  KJV

It is not your eye, hand or genitals that are causing you problems nor is it your blood pump that we call the heart.  It is the core of your being that is the problem for all of us are sinners.  Mutilating your body will not solve your problem.  You will still lust and it will be worse because you will never have a righteous way of the satiating that lust.   It will be a taste of Hell since all the sins in a person's heart will still be with them in Hell with no way of fulfilling them.  

Ask any man that may be impotent if he thinks any less about sex since his equipment has failed to operate and he may well tell you he thinks about it even more and is miserable.  If it was just about the equipment then Viagra might not sell as well. When it quit working you would just quit thinking about it.  Not true so castration will never be an answer.  Indeed, it may open you up to a worse problem.

If you are not a born again Christian then I beg of you to find a good Baptist Church and let the pastor show you how to become one.  If you are one, then you need to still find that pastor and get some guidance on how to walk in the Spirit so that you can gain some victory over your problem.  Castration will not help.  

Please, please, please, do not harm yourself.  God is not telling anyone to do that.  He is pointing out that such theories of your parts being the problem are wrong.

May God grant you wisdom as you seek His will through His Word!

Baptists

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz