Baptists/Interracial Marriage

I have been a Christian for thirty years, and have been active in my local church during that time. My question is about interracial marriage.  While I have a number of friends who are black, and over the years have sent thousands of dollars to countries with a black populace, I have a personal struggle accepting interracial marriage.
I grew up in the south, and attended an integrated school where I had many good black friends. Personally I do not consider myself a racist, but my distaste in interracial marriage in this politically correct culture, labels me as such. I see it as a blight on my own race, and observe the troublesome issues children/families of mixed race have.  Your views would be appreciated.

Hi Beau,
  I am sorry this response is so slow, but the holidays have been keeping me busy.   What I would like you to do is read my article "The Origin of Race" at   So many people have asked the same question as you is the reason I researched and wrote the article.
  The article will answer your questions in some detail giving you the biblical perspective on the issue of race.
   If after reading the article you have further questions or comments, please write.
Cooper Abrams
Romans 12:1-2

Cooper P. Abrams III

Independent Fundamental Baptist missionary and pastor, ThB, MBS, and PhD as of May 28, 2013. I began pastoring in 1981, and have taught in churches, a Bible college, and a Bible Institute. I have written numerous articles on various subjects from a biblical perspective and many are posted on my web site Bible Truth ( ). Bible Truth receives over one hundred and forty thousand visiters per month. Since 1998 I have answered Bible related questions via e-mail. My answers are straight forward and biblical. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE -----DO NOT ASK A QUESTION AND THEN NOT READ THE ANSWER! ABOUT FOUR IN TEN QUESTIONS ASKED ARE NEVER READ. I FREELY GIVE MY TIME TO GIVE HELPFUL ANSWERS. OFTEN THE ANSWER WILL REQUIRE AS MUCH AS A HOUR OR MORE TO RESEARCH AND THEN TO FORMULATE THE REPLY. IF YOU SEND A QUESTION PLEASE BE THOUGHTFUL ENOUGH TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT. MOST PEOPLE DO...BUT ALL SHOULD. THANKS

I have been a pastor since 1981 and a Independent Baptist missionary church planter since 1986. I have seen the Lord establish four Bible believing churches in Utah. My web site Bible Truth ( http:\\ ) continues to grow presently over 7,000 visiters per day. The materials on the web site are mostly written by myself and contain sermons, Bible commentaries, articles on various biblical subjects.

I am pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Tremonoton, Utah (

- Appeared on Grizzly Adams DVD documentary "End Times: How Close Are We?" ( - Article "Are Mormons Christians" "O Timothy Magazine" Way of Life Literature (

ThB (Bachelor Degree in Theology) Piedmont Bible College, Winston-Salem, NC. MBS (Mastor of Biblical Studies) Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC. PhD (Bible) Bethany Divinity College and Seminary, Dothan, AL

Graduated Suma Com Laude with PhD Religion - Bible Major, Bethany Divinity College and Seminary - 2013