Baptists/Unforgivible sin

Hi Mr. Gorecki I am afraid that I am not very good with intros so I'm just going to jump right in with my question.

Okay so tt was not long after learning that the unforgivable sin was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that I was at work and it was out of no where the thought "Jesus got his power from.....well I didn't end my thought with god if you get my drift" Now my mind has been so scrambles because I have been so stressed out that I honestly don't remember if this thought popped out of nowhere or if I thought it of my own free will. But either way I DID NOT mean what I thought.  It has been equated to kind of like being told not to think about pink elephants what do you do.. you think about pink elephants.

The thing is I have been told so many times that the fact that I feel concerned about it means I didn't do it. As wonderful as that is I have found no biblical basis for believing that. I mean am I overlooking something? Is there proof in the bible that feeling concerned about it and still wanting god in my life is proof I haven't done it?

I do not believe you blasphemed the Holy Spirit. A thought comes out of no where and that means nothing. For you to even really say that in your mind you'd have to willfully think it with malice and intent. Just having a stray thought come in means nothing. I don't believe it is possible to sin by mistake. Sin means offending God. Do you think that what happened to you offended God?

God is intelligent. He knows when people mean things and when them don't. He created the universe. That's how smart God is. I think he knows when someone means to sin and offend him and when someone does not. How can someone as intelligent as God not know the difference?    

Also I think that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means that someone doesn't believe in his prompting and his grace to accept Christ. And therefore rejecting his influence upon the human heart to accept Christ.

I believe that if someone rejects faith in Jesus by rejecting the Holy Spirit's grace and calling the Spirit's grace and power and person something Satanic, that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I believe that if someone dies without faith in Jesus by denying the grace and power of the Holy Spirit in their life, then that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Basically, I think that if someone believes and says that the Holy Spirit is the devil and therefore rejects his power and grace to accept Christ, then that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you have accepted Christ as your savior then I don't think you should worry about this.

I hope this helps. Thanks  

Alex Gorecki

I can answer Biblical Questions, especially those dealing with the New Testament. I am knowledgeable in Christian History, such as the Ante-Nicene Fathers and the Reformation. I am also knowledgeable when it comes to questions dealing with the Roman Catholic Church.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic, then when I was 34 I started reading the accounts of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and decided to leave the Roman Catholic Church. I believe that over time the church had evolved and changed in theology. I left the Roman Catholic Church and became a born again Christian. I currently attend a Baptist Church. I have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. I am working on a Masters Degree in Ministry.

I have a BA and an MA in European History. I also have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. And I am currently finishing up a Master of Ministry Degree.