Baptists/Deacons

Question
In a southern baptist church can a man be ordained as a deacon if he is pro abortion and believes that being gay is not a sin. Also, should he be ordained if he is gay? Thank you

Answer
Hi Mike,

A very debatable question indeed!

There are a lot of different personal views on thi subject.

I believe it is at least very questionable for a man to be ordianed as a deacon if he has these beliefs.

I believe that unless for health reasons that abortion is a sin, I also believe that being gay is a sin, because that is what the Bible tells us. But remember we are to hate the sin but love the sinner!

My own personal view is no he should not be ordained, but whether that is the right view or the view God would want from me I do not know.

After all there are gay vicars in the Anglican Church!

As I said a very debatable subject!

Hope I have helped if only a little bit.

Blessings

Clive Heath

Baptists

Clive Heath