Is there a point when too much knowledge will corrupt ones thoughts?   
In the beginning, I believed in God.  He put it on my heart to trust Him.  So based on that I read His Word pretty much exclusively.  I hunger only for His Word, and I really have not the desire to read much of anything else.  I find myself reading up to 12 hours a day when the mood hits me.  The one thing for certain, if I start, I find it hard to stop reading His Word.  
  My thought to you is devotional reading, when I get all I long for out of the Word, I see devotional readings to be, well, useless at times.  As if it drains me instead of enriching me. Just wondering of your viewpoint on this.

Howdy, Dave!  The Word will not corrupt your thoughts.  While there are many things that you can say to take in moderation or even too much of a good thing can be bad, the Word is not one of them.  I am an author so it may sound strange for me to say that there is not a lot out there worth the time compared to the Word, but it is true.  Most devotionals can be less than helpful once you have grown to a certain point as they are usually designed as a quick protein drink for a busy person or milk for a babe.  Spurgeon probably has the most meat in his devotionals.  

You do have to drain off the Word so to speak by sharing it with others be it in teaching or soul-winning or putting it into practice exercising your gift.  Just stockpiling it will not be very useful.  Zeal without knowledge can be dangerous wildfire and knowledge without zeal is a dead coal.  Zeal controlled by knowledge can be a torch to burn through a steely heart converting the soul and changing the life of the person who possesses it as well as the community in which that person lives.  

Keep up the good work.  Just be sure to exercise your knowledge to avoid being a dead coal, but beware of knowledge puffing up into a prideful twit that God cannot use.  Blessings to you as you seek His will and His Word!  

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz

I am more of a polemicist than an apologist. I especially desire to answer questions concerning discipleship/holiness, "gray areas", etc. If all you wish is an argument then I am not your man. Sincere seekers only need e-mail me.

I have ministered in several states since my conversion in 1975. I participate in many forums and have written two books. I recently changed to Assembly of God, but after 40 years, I can still answer questions about Baptists and doctrinal issues that are common to many sects.

American Association of Christian Counselors since 2009
Texas Navy Association since 2008
Texas Civil Defense since 2008-10
American Legion since 2002
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, since 1994
Life Member NCOA, 1973
Dover AFB Honor Guard, 1971-73

Poem, "Cowboy Up" published in an anthology by American Poets Society, 2004
Author, Jail House Religion, Xulon Press, 2004
Author, The Power of Holy Women, Xulon Press, 2003
Messianic Literary Corner published 45 poems, 2003+
Tract “Which Way To God” published on, 1998
Several poems published on various web pages, 1997,1998,1999
Author, Metamorphosis, copyrighted, partially published collection of poetry, 1968-94
Article, “Why I Prefer Expository Preaching”, published in Canyonview Bible Seminary's Expositor, 1988

Doctor of Theology, Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA, 2001, Summa Cum Laude
Master of Theology, Christian Bible College, Rocky Mount, NC, 2000, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Religious Education , Administration minor, Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982, Cum Laude
Evangelical Teacher Training Association, Teachers Diploma, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982
Other study: Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL - 1975-78
Upper Iowa University, Fayette, IA - 1976-77
Interim Ministry For Today's Churches - 2000

Heritage Registry of Who's Who, 2006-2007
Editor's Choice Award, International Library of Poetry, 2003
America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals 2001-2002
Stratmore Who's Who, 2001-2002
Guest Class Speaker Texas A&M, Commerce, 1999
Gubernatorial Commendation by Texas Veterans Commission, 1999
Dallas VA Certificate of Pride in Public Service, 1999
Guest on the Kevin Bullard radio program KPBC AM 770,1997
Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 1996
Editor's Choice Award, National Library of Poetry, 1995
Who's Who in Poetry, 1992
United States Army Achievement Medal, 1990
Personal testimony dramatized for international radio program Unshackled, 1986
Outstanding Young Men of the South, 1981
United States Air Force Commendation Medal, 1978
Two USAF suggestion awards, 1976
NCO of the Quarter, 1975
Freedom Foundation Award, 1975