Baptists/trustee board

do the trustee tell the pastor of the church what he can do and what he can't do.the trustee tell the pastor he don't need to know how much money the church take in each sunday . is it ok  for the chairman trustee to tell the pastor of the church he don't need to see reports and bank statements . if the members vote to have something done in the church that they want done . can the trust say we are not going to do it . is that of God or who . can you please answer some of these question for me . i'am the chairman deacon at this . i need to know . God bless hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Melvin,

Sorry for a late response but this has only just got to me for some reason.I am one of two Elders at my Church, we act as overseers and obviously the Leaders.

We have a Diaconate of 3 Deacons, one being the Chairman. This sounds very similar to what you are describing.

As an Elder I meet regualarly with the Deacons, and obviously attend church business meetings for members, at both meetings accounts are read out. I have access to all things including accounts if I so wish.

We are a democracy, but all issues must go to the Diaconate monthly meeting, to be discussed before going to the members business meeting. If the Diaconate decide that it should not go before the members then it does not.

The Elders and the Deacons must see that the best interests of the church and its members are protected at all times.

We as Elders have the ultimate say if need be, but we answer into the Diaconate, if not we could do just what we want!

Hope this helps

Clive Heath
But remember that God will guide and God will give us wisdom to make the right decisions.

Clive Heath

I can answer most questions on the subject of the Baptist/Christian faith. I am an active member of a Baptist Church Fellowship. I study the Bible and the Scriptures every day and have no problem talking to people about this. I am more than happy to answer the Lord's calling and help and support all people that are in need. I believe that is now my role in life.

Some times people go the wrong way in life because they have been let down by those that are close to them. It is all about trust, compassion and support. I carry out a lot of outreach work, so I know how important these things are to be able to reach people. I have worked with drug addicts and the homeless, as well as young people who have lost their way in life or are in prison.

Baptist Fellowship.

My articles and letters have appeared many times in the local paper.

I am am a Deacon and secretary of my church, and also spend lots of time now also ministering to people in old folks homes as well as other outreach work.

I have won a National award for working with and supporting sick people.

I do not call them clients, they are people in need of the love of God and of people. I have mentored many young people, including those that are in our local prison, to hopefully live an honest and Christian life.