Baptists/who was the first missionary sent by God

Was Noah considered a missionary if he was not sent to seek other people for salvation

If Noah was not considered a missionary, who was the first missionary?

Are cherub and angels considered to be the same being?

Hi Michael,

Sorry for my delay in responding to your question.

Lets remember that the Christian Faith has always been a Missionary Faith. The word missionary means some one who is sent on a mission.

So we could say that the mission Noah was given was to build the Ark, to save his own family. But in the strictest sense of the word missionary, the first on mentioned in the Bible is Abram who as we know became Abraham.

God calls him out from Ur and into a new place, forcing him to depend on God's provision. There are many others that we can call missionaries, such as Oaul and of course Jesus Christ Himself.

Hope this helps

Clive Heath

Clive Heath

I can answer most questions on the subject of the Baptist/Christian faith. I am an active member of a Baptist Church Fellowship. I study the Bible and the Scriptures every day and have no problem talking to people about this. I am more than happy to answer the Lord's calling and help and support all people that are in need. I believe that is now my role in life.

Some times people go the wrong way in life because they have been let down by those that are close to them. It is all about trust, compassion and support. I carry out a lot of outreach work, so I know how important these things are to be able to reach people. I have worked with drug addicts and the homeless, as well as young people who have lost their way in life or are in prison.

Baptist Fellowship.

My articles and letters have appeared many times in the local paper.

I am am a Deacon and secretary of my church, and also spend lots of time now also ministering to people in old folks homes as well as other outreach work.

I have won a National award for working with and supporting sick people.

I do not call them clients, they are people in need of the love of God and of people. I have mentored many young people, including those that are in our local prison, to hopefully live an honest and Christian life.