Baptists/pastor and trustee

Question
IS THE PASTOR OVER THE TRUSTEE BOARD . AND IF THE CHURCH BODY VOTE TO HAVE SOMETHING DONE IN THE CHURCH AND THE PASTOR WANT IT DONE CAN THE TRUSTEE BOARD SAY NO TO IT AND DON'T DO IT .

Answer
Hello again Melvin,

The Pastor/Elder and the Trustees/Deacons should really work together as a team with complete trust between them. From what I can see from this letter and the one that I recently answered to you I am not sure if you have this?

All I can tell you that in UK Baptist churches, is that as I said before part of the Pastor/Elders role is to oversee that all is well, that and of couses their spiritual duties.The Trustees/Deacons are responsible for the nitty gritty running of the church. Then we have the church membership who meet with the Leadership every month. All relevant and important issues and decisions should be made by the membership, with the advice of the Leadership, but if any issue raised is not for the good of the church then the Deacons/Trustees have the right not to raise it at the church membership meeting.

As I have said the Pastor/Elder really has the final say, but we report into the Trustees/Deacons, if not we would be able to do what we like, and that is not how it should be.

Blessings

Clive

Baptists

Clive Heath