Baptists/Trinity and salvation

Question
QUESTION: Hello Mrs. Lyons,

I have quick questions.

Can a person be a baptist or remain a baptist if he/she doesn't believe in the (baptist) trinity doctrine?

Can that person be saved?

Thanks.

ANSWER: Dear Eddie,
   Thanks for writing.  If I were you, I wouldn’t be too concerned about the Baptist label, but salvation is of great concern.  I don’t want you to be separated forever from the Source of all life, love, and liberty.
   How do you feel about your sin that separates you from the Source of all life, live, liberty?   How can that separation be bridged?  
   I think Romans 6 is a good chapter to study to find out if you’re saved or not.  I’m sure you know that salvation is by grace through faith, (Ephesians 2:8) but faith in what?  
   If you are serious about God, pray that He will help you understand and respond to His Word, the Bible, which He has provided and preserved for us at great cost to many martyrs.
   John 6 is another chapter to help you understand salvation.  It’s a long chapter, but please focus on the Source of life and notice the comparison to bread (daily nourishment).
   I pray that you can echo Paul’s Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”
   Sincerely,
   Priscilla Lyons

QUESTION: Thanks Mrs. Lyons for the quick reply - but that is the concern, if one doesn't believe in the Trinity Doctrine, i.e. three persons in one Godhead as taught by the church. How can one gain salvation since according to Pastors in the Church, the Trinity is tied to salvation? Furthermore, how can one be united in the faith (with fellow believers) if one doesn't have the same faith as the rest?

How can this fella remain in the "Baptist" faith if at the same time in contradiction with the teachings of the church?

So I guess, my question really is - does the Trinity doctrine essential to salvation?

If not then why teach it? It just confuses people.

Thanks.

In other words,

Answer
Just a reminder, I “preach” to myself when I’m writing, so you know I am not infallible.:-)   
   My daily “bread” this morning ended with Proverbs 12:28 “In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.”  I am so thankful I’m trusting in the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (“I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man comes unto the Father, but by Me.” John 14:6) so I have His assurance of never dying, being separated from the Source of Life.  John 11:25-26 “I am the resurrection and the life; he that believes in, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” Do you believe this?, Jesus asked Martha.
   A lot of people don’t understand trusting in God in the sense that Romans 6:4 pictures.  “Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”  verse 6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”
   God has provided the most costly gift that we can’t earn, but can only be received by recognizing our complete need of dependence on Him, now and forever.  Don’t let the “Trinity” or any other concern skew your priorities with God.  God will provide a church and friends as you need them, if you put your need for Him first.  “Seek first the kingdom of God (desire to obey Him as your King) and His righteousness (not your own righteousness), and all these things (what to wear, what to eat, where to go to church) shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
   Thanks for reading what’s in my heart.
   Sincerely,
   Mrs. Lyons  

Baptists

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons