Baptists/trustees

Question
What can a local Church do if no nominations for trustees were recieved to serve the church?

Answer
Hi Mr. Williams

Thank you for this great question.  The Bible does not tell us that trustees are necessary for a local church.  Sometimes the state requires a church to have trustees in order to qualify for certain tax exempt provisions.  Depending upon your constitution, you may be able to allow your deacons to act as trustees.   This would satisfy the requirements of a 501C3 non profit Corporation.  If you do not have any requirements life that from the state, let us remember that the first Church at Jerusalem grew to a membership of between 10,000 and 50,000 people before they ever voted in their first 7 deacons.  If they functioned without deacons or trustees, you can too.  It is much better to leave a position vacant than to vote in unqualified or unmotivated people to places of leadership.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don  

Baptists

Pastor Don Carpenter