What can a local Church do if no nominations for trustees were recieved to serve the church?

Hi Mr. Williams

Thank you for this great question.  The Bible does not tell us that trustees are necessary for a local church.  Sometimes the state requires a church to have trustees in order to qualify for certain tax exempt provisions.  Depending upon your constitution, you may be able to allow your deacons to act as trustees.   This would satisfy the requirements of a 501C3 non profit Corporation.  If you do not have any requirements life that from the state, let us remember that the first Church at Jerusalem grew to a membership of between 10,000 and 50,000 people before they ever voted in their first 7 deacons.  If they functioned without deacons or trustees, you can too.  It is much better to leave a position vacant than to vote in unqualified or unmotivated people to places of leadership.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don  

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry almost 20 years. During this time, the Lord has used me as Senior Pastor, counsellor, youth pastor and generally in the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.

Professor at New England School of the Bible - Southington CT

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible Baptist Bible College of Clarks Summit, PA