Baptists/Bibles published in China

Question
Should a person buy a Bible published in China if they do not know the pay/working conditions of the employees? Should we trust that a publishing company that published Bibles would be diligently ethical? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Ray,

Thanks for this great question.  This is not one that is clear in scripture... it will be up to your convictions and understanding.  My thought is that if they actually do publish a trustworthy version of scriptures from China, then anything I can do to help keep these Chinese people exposed to the word... I will do.  I just cant imagine that they actually publish the Bible in China because it is illegal to possess one under the communist leadership.  Communist China has so many problems... my boycotting scriptures would not help them.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Baptists

Pastor Don Carpenter