Baptists/Bibles published in China

Should a person purchase a Bible if it was published in China and the pay/working conditions of the employees is not known? Thank you.

Ray, it would seem that the bigger question is should we buy anything from China for that and other reasons?  I cannot say that it is a sin to do so as it might be tough to avoid it. I have heard that they are finding ways to hide the fact that something was made in China because people have personal/moral/political issues with China.

I bought a Toshiba laptop because it is made in Japan, who is an ally.  I have been a GM person since a kid, but now that they are building a plant in China my next vehicle may be a Ford though I believe they get some stuff from Viet Nam and as a veteran of that era I am not keen on that either so maybe it will be a KIA or something else.

I think we can use the principle of Paul's teaching on buying food in the market that was offered to idols. If you can buy something made in America by Americans then you should do so, but since you may not know for sure if it is made in America or China then don't worry about it.  The way the Corporate world is today the HQ of a company could be in the States and all the employees are American, but the real owners are Chinese, Germans or Brits. We live in a very complex age and very hard to buy solely American, but possible.  Do a search on what products are made in America, Japan, etc.  I believe there is a site that will

Each person has to make their own conscience call on this.  May God grant you wisdom as you seek His will.  

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz

I am more of a polemicist than an apologist. I especially desire to answer questions concerning discipleship/holiness, "gray areas", etc. If all you wish is an argument then I am not your man. Sincere seekers only need e-mail me.

I have ministered in several states since my conversion in 1975. I participate in many forums and have written two books. I recently changed to Assembly of God, but after 40 years, I can still answer questions about Baptists and doctrinal issues that are common to many sects.

American Association of Christian Counselors since 2009
Texas Navy Association since 2008
Texas Civil Defense since 2008-10
American Legion since 2002
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, since 1994
Life Member NCOA, 1973
Dover AFB Honor Guard, 1971-73

Poem, "Cowboy Up" published in an anthology by American Poets Society, 2004
Author, Jail House Religion, Xulon Press, 2004
Author, The Power of Holy Women, Xulon Press, 2003
Messianic Literary Corner published 45 poems, 2003+
Tract “Which Way To God” published on, 1998
Several poems published on various web pages, 1997,1998,1999
Author, Metamorphosis, copyrighted, partially published collection of poetry, 1968-94
Article, “Why I Prefer Expository Preaching”, published in Canyonview Bible Seminary's Expositor, 1988

Doctor of Theology, Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA, 2001, Summa Cum Laude
Master of Theology, Christian Bible College, Rocky Mount, NC, 2000, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Religious Education , Administration minor, Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982, Cum Laude
Evangelical Teacher Training Association, Teachers Diploma, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982
Other study: Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL - 1975-78
Upper Iowa University, Fayette, IA - 1976-77
Interim Ministry For Today's Churches - 2000

Heritage Registry of Who's Who, 2006-2007
Editor's Choice Award, International Library of Poetry, 2003
America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals 2001-2002
Stratmore Who's Who, 2001-2002
Guest Class Speaker Texas A&M, Commerce, 1999
Gubernatorial Commendation by Texas Veterans Commission, 1999
Dallas VA Certificate of Pride in Public Service, 1999
Guest on the Kevin Bullard radio program KPBC AM 770,1997
Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 1996
Editor's Choice Award, National Library of Poetry, 1995
Who's Who in Poetry, 1992
United States Army Achievement Medal, 1990
Personal testimony dramatized for international radio program Unshackled, 1986
Outstanding Young Men of the South, 1981
United States Air Force Commendation Medal, 1978
Two USAF suggestion awards, 1976
NCO of the Quarter, 1975
Freedom Foundation Award, 1975