Baptists/Can I be forgiven for something horrible?

Question
I have a problem.  I think that I have committed the unforgivable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  I am being tormented by worrying about this.  I was diagnosed with OCD and anxiety a few years ago, and I think this is really latching on to this.  I am also pregnant, and I doubt the hormones are helping.

A few nights ago, I was in a bad mood for no particular reason except that I was getting frustrated with being pregnant.  I am nearing the end of the third trimester and I'm just uncomfortable.  I was feeling very tired and grumpy, and I had that feeling that I was not going to be able to fall asleep.  I've heard other pregnant women joke about pregnancy insomnia being God's way of preparing you for the sleepless nights of having an infant.   Anyway, as soon as I thought that, I said to myself in my head, "Well, that must just be a part of God's evil plan."  I was absolutely disgusted by the thought!  I do not think that God is evil at all!

Ever since then, I've had this horrible pit in my stomach and knot in my chest.  I have asked for forgiveness, but I am afraid that I am like the Pharisees who accused Jesus of casting out demons by Satan.  I know that Jesus said that all sins and blasphemies will be forgiven, but the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, and even though I didn't refer to the Holy Spirit in my thought, I blasphemed Him by default since He is part of the trinity.  I feel like I blasphemed all three persons of the trinity by referring to God as evil.

I am so scared that I will not be saved because of this.  I want to believe what the Bible says, that if I confess my sin then He will be faithful to forgive me, but He also said that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.  I've messed up so bad!  I know that Jesus is my only hope for salvation because He is Lord and He died for me, but I'm afraid that Jesus can't forgive me for this evil blasphemous thought against Him.

I am so upset!  I did not want to think that thought, or at least I think I don't.  It makes me afraid that maybe I'm losing my mind and don't know what I really believe.  I know that Jesus is the only way, and I long for His forgiveness and for Him to be my savior.  I wish I could go back and unthink the thought.  I hate it so much!

Answer
My dear Amanda, many thoughts come to our mind. Some are ours. Some are from the enemy.  Some are just random junk from our mind sorting out things hence many of our nightmares.

Would you not agree that deceit is evil? I am sure you do.  Jeremiah twice accused God of being deceitful.

Jer 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.  KJV

Jer 20:7-11

7 O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.
9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
10 For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.
11 But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. KJV

Yet God still used him as a prophet and he wrote 31 more chapters as well as Lamentations and in that book he wrote.

Lam 3:18-25

18 And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:
19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. KJV

Seems like he was still saved to me.  Had you committed the unpardonable sin you would not be worried about it.  The devil wants you depressed and debilitated by fear so that you have no joy and you will not be serving God because of your fear.  As you see, Jeremiah basically called God evil twice.  It is the intent of the heart as well as the words and the intent matters most.  Be at peace and receive God's forgiveness for that thought.  Many have done far, far worse and God has not cut them off for He knew their heart and understood their actions.  Also, having foreknowledge, He knew when they would foul up and when they would return to Him.  When God saved you through faith in Christ He knew that down the road you would have this thought and also any other sin you might commit before you die.  He did not buy a surprise package.  Sins do not lose your salvation.  They lose fellowship and rewards, but you are born again and adopted.  You are always a child and if He has to He knows how to use the belt to chastise you to get you right.  Go to Him as the loving and forgiving Father that He is and believe 1 John 1:9 and go on rejoicing and find your gift and then serve with peace and joy the One who bought you!

Baptists

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz