Baptists/horrible death of Christ

Question
Why was the death of Christ as horrible as it was? Did it have to be THAT bad? Why not slightly LESS bad or slightly MORE bad? Would a pin prick to shed his blood and a painless death by a gas mask have paid for mans's sins?

Answer

Thanks for your question. I believe that the death of Jesus was so bad because he was taking the penalty we deserve for sin. But even what he suffered is not as bad as what we deserve. He didn't suffer all we would have to suffer without forgiveness, because he was the perfect man suffering on our behalf. He paid the perfect price for sin to satisfy the perfect God. A pin prick could never represent what we deserve for sin. He did what was necessary. God makes no mistakes. "and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins." - Hebrews 9:22 (ESV)

Thanks  

Baptists

Alex Gorecki