Baptists/horrible death of Christ

Why was the death of Christ as horrible as it was? Did it have to be THAT bad? Why not slightly LESS bad or slightly MORE bad? Would a pin prick to shed his blood and a painless death by a gas mask have paid for mans's sins?

Thanks for your question. I believe that the death of Jesus was so bad because he was taking the penalty we deserve for sin. But even what he suffered is not as bad as what we deserve. He didn't suffer all we would have to suffer without forgiveness, because he was the perfect man suffering on our behalf. He paid the perfect price for sin to satisfy the perfect God. A pin prick could never represent what we deserve for sin. He did what was necessary. God makes no mistakes. "and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins." - Hebrews 9:22 (ESV)

Alex Gorecki

I can answer Biblical Questions, especially those dealing with the New Testament. I am knowledgeable in Christian History, such as the Ante-Nicene Fathers and the Reformation. I am also knowledgeable when it comes to questions dealing with the Roman Catholic Church.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic, then when I was 34 I started reading the accounts of the Ante-Nicene Fathers and decided to leave the Roman Catholic Church. I believe that over time the church had evolved and changed in theology. I left the Roman Catholic Church and became a born again Christian. I currently attend a Baptist Church. I have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. I am working on a Masters Degree in Ministry.

I have a BA and an MA in European History. I also have an Associates Degree from a local Bible School. And I am currently finishing up a Master of Ministry Degree.