Baptists/The role of a female in the church

Question
Can female be a trustee in the church,i
If not why and what scripture back it up

Thank you

Answer
I think I Timothy 2:12 cautions us that females are not to usurp authority over men, for Adam was first formed, then Eve.  I Corinthians 11:3-9 gives a “chain of command” so authority evidently can be delegated from a CEO, with the understanding that we all answer to someone’s authority, but that women are to function under the authority of men.  Verse 2 and 16 seem to  indicate Paul is speaking of church ordinances and customs.

Deborah functioned as a judge, but it seemed to be from lack of male leadership. Judges 4:8-9

I pray that the Lord will lead you all for God’s glory.

Baptists

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons