QUESTION: Hi Dr. Shultz! here I am again...

We all know that when a person dies without Christ in him, he shall surely go to hell.. For us Christians(real Christians), we shall surely go to heaven. My question are:

1. After physical death, where does the soul of a Christian and/or sinner go before rapture? i have asked this from a few preachers here but told me to read the bible instead of giving me scriptural insights.

2. Was it really the spirit of Prophet Samuel who appeared to Saul? Would this mean that it is also possible for anyone's soul to appear in any way?

ANSWER: Howdy again!  Number 2 is the quickest to answer.  Yes.  It was Samuel because God allowed it.  That is the only instance in Scripture and it is not a precedence for more occasions like it.  This is something we do have to consider when interpreting the Word.  Just because it happened once does not mean it will always happen. It will do little good to try and march around Jericho again or build an ark as both things were for a one time incident. Many want to use John's trip to the third Heaven as a precedent for others to do the same, but said he knew a man (John) that did it fourteen years before who did that and did not indicate that there had been others or other occurrences. Thus, Samuel's arising was a one time thing in the OT to scare both Saul and witch for she expected a demon, but got the real thing from God.  

2Co 5:6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2Co 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. KJV

The sinner still goes to Hades/Hell as that is the holding tank until after the Great White Throne and then the Lake of Fire is the final prison.  He took the souls of the OT saints with Him when He ascended. (Eph 4:8) Now we die and go straight to Glory!

I think the other pastors were just trying to encourage you to do your own study.  Hopefully, this answers your question.

QUESTION: thanks a lot Dr. Shultz. I got your point as per 2 Cor 5:8 is concern. But what about Paul's 1st letter to the Thessalonians in verse 16-17? Does this mean that there are those who are dead who did not go straight in glory or is there still another explanation on this?

God bless

What he is talking about there is the resurrection of the bodies from Adam until the Rapture.  The souls go straight to Glory, but our bodies are not raised until the Rapture.  There was a lad going around telling people that the Resurrection had already happened for Believers so they were in despair thinking that they had missed it and lost hope.  Paul had to straighten out that fale teaching.  Paul spent half his time teaching the truth and the other half correcting flase doctrine.  

Hope that helps!  Blessings to you!

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz

I am more of a polemicist than an apologist. I especially desire to answer questions concerning discipleship/holiness, "gray areas", etc. If all you wish is an argument then I am not your man. Sincere seekers only need e-mail me.

I have ministered in several states since my conversion in 1975. I participate in many forums and have written two books. I recently changed to Assembly of God, but after 40 years, I can still answer questions about Baptists and doctrinal issues that are common to many sects.

American Association of Christian Counselors since 2009
Texas Navy Association since 2008
Texas Civil Defense since 2008-10
American Legion since 2002
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, since 1994
Life Member NCOA, 1973
Dover AFB Honor Guard, 1971-73

Poem, "Cowboy Up" published in an anthology by American Poets Society, 2004
Author, Jail House Religion, Xulon Press, 2004
Author, The Power of Holy Women, Xulon Press, 2003
Messianic Literary Corner published 45 poems, 2003+
Tract “Which Way To God” published on, 1998
Several poems published on various web pages, 1997,1998,1999
Author, Metamorphosis, copyrighted, partially published collection of poetry, 1968-94
Article, “Why I Prefer Expository Preaching”, published in Canyonview Bible Seminary's Expositor, 1988

Doctor of Theology, Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA, 2001, Summa Cum Laude
Master of Theology, Christian Bible College, Rocky Mount, NC, 2000, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Religious Education , Administration minor, Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982, Cum Laude
Evangelical Teacher Training Association, Teachers Diploma, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982
Other study: Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL - 1975-78
Upper Iowa University, Fayette, IA - 1976-77
Interim Ministry For Today's Churches - 2000

Heritage Registry of Who's Who, 2006-2007
Editor's Choice Award, International Library of Poetry, 2003
America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals 2001-2002
Stratmore Who's Who, 2001-2002
Guest Class Speaker Texas A&M, Commerce, 1999
Gubernatorial Commendation by Texas Veterans Commission, 1999
Dallas VA Certificate of Pride in Public Service, 1999
Guest on the Kevin Bullard radio program KPBC AM 770,1997
Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 1996
Editor's Choice Award, National Library of Poetry, 1995
Who's Who in Poetry, 1992
United States Army Achievement Medal, 1990
Personal testimony dramatized for international radio program Unshackled, 1986
Outstanding Young Men of the South, 1981
United States Air Force Commendation Medal, 1978
Two USAF suggestion awards, 1976
NCO of the Quarter, 1975
Freedom Foundation Award, 1975