Baptists/The U.S $1 bill

Hi Ron, I recently found out that the U.S one dollar bill Has an image which is "the Pyramid with the eye".  Which traces back all the way to freemansory/Satanism. I would like to know if you know about this or not? You may have heard other stories on how that got there which is false, and this is the same currency we use for tithing and church offerings, Do you think is a good idea to prohibit the use of te $1 bill on churches? I know is hard to avoid the use of it, but it doesnt feel right on churches.

I don't really see a problem. If it is not for the church then you should never receive nor give a $1 bill anywhere.  It is a piece of paper and nothing more.  It is used as a medium of commerce or trade.  When people paid their tithe in Jerusalem they used the same currency as what was used to pay taxes or tribute

Matt 22:19-21

19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. KJV

Caesar demanded to be worshiped as God and was as evil as a ruler could be and they used the coin for their commerce.  I would say it is safe to say that Caesar was satanic and an Anti-Christ yet because his government made the coin it could be used for commerce.  The coin itself was not evil.

Matt 17:24-27

24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.  KJV

It would be safe to assume that the coin the fish brought up was a Roman coin that someone lost off a boat or maybe even from a chest of coins lost in a shipwreck.

Luke 19:45-46

45 And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves. KJV

Now, because the Jews had their own currency they did convert the Greek and Roman coins into Jewish coins for use to pay temple dues and such.  We have no such situation for we are in a country that uses one currency.  Which denomination does not matter and if you ban the $1 most people will probably not give anything or have something to teach their children how to give because if they teach them to give the crinkly, not the tinkly it will be a $1 bill.

2 Kings 18:4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan. KJV

The problem was not with the brass serpent. The problem was with the people.  As long they looked upon it as an object lesson item it was fine, but as soon they left that and worshiped it and made an idol out of it they had to be reminded that it was only a piece of brass that God used and see it destroyed to end the false doctrine or teaching about it.

The paper money of any denomination is intrinsically neutral it is neither good or evil no matter what is inscribed on it.  If I spend it on things that are God approved the it is good.  If I get drunk or buy porn with it then it is evil and yet it is still neutral for the human using it is what makes it use good or evil not the paper or the inscription.  We once had coins that had a woman showing a bare breast in 1916 and though there was an outage I would image some of those coins made it to the collection plate and no preacher threw them away. They just rolled them up like any other quarter and deposited them in the bank.  I can bet some smart Aleck kid put some in there to cause an outrage.  

I have heard several stores about the money and indeed some of the Founder's were Masons and may have adapted/adopted some of the imagery, but after 200 plus years I would say that a $1 bill in the collection plate is the very least of our worries.

Let's talk about sin in the church, the rejection of sound doctrine and many other follies that are allowing people to go to Hell instead of a piece or paper.  If you feel it it wrong then by all means do not put one in the plate, but I would not go on a crusade or lose sleep over people who put them in.  Let's get after the more important things.

May God grant you wisdom and discernment and you seek His will in His Word.  

Dr. Ronald E. Shultz

I am more of a polemicist than an apologist. I especially desire to answer questions concerning discipleship/holiness, "gray areas", etc. If all you wish is an argument then I am not your man. Sincere seekers only need e-mail me.

I have ministered in several states since my conversion in 1975. I participate in many forums and have written two books. I recently changed to Assembly of God, but after 40 years, I can still answer questions about Baptists and doctrinal issues that are common to many sects.

American Association of Christian Counselors since 2009
Texas Navy Association since 2008
Texas Civil Defense since 2008-10
American Legion since 2002
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels, since 1994
Life Member NCOA, 1973
Dover AFB Honor Guard, 1971-73

Poem, "Cowboy Up" published in an anthology by American Poets Society, 2004
Author, Jail House Religion, Xulon Press, 2004
Author, The Power of Holy Women, Xulon Press, 2003
Messianic Literary Corner published 45 poems, 2003+
Tract “Which Way To God” published on, 1998
Several poems published on various web pages, 1997,1998,1999
Author, Metamorphosis, copyrighted, partially published collection of poetry, 1968-94
Article, “Why I Prefer Expository Preaching”, published in Canyonview Bible Seminary's Expositor, 1988

Doctor of Theology, Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA, 2001, Summa Cum Laude
Master of Theology, Christian Bible College, Rocky Mount, NC, 2000, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Religious Education , Administration minor, Piedmont Baptist College, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982, Cum Laude
Evangelical Teacher Training Association, Teachers Diploma, Winston-Salem, NC, 1982
Other study: Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL - 1975-78
Upper Iowa University, Fayette, IA - 1976-77
Interim Ministry For Today's Churches - 2000

Heritage Registry of Who's Who, 2006-2007
Editor's Choice Award, International Library of Poetry, 2003
America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals 2001-2002
Stratmore Who's Who, 2001-2002
Guest Class Speaker Texas A&M, Commerce, 1999
Gubernatorial Commendation by Texas Veterans Commission, 1999
Dallas VA Certificate of Pride in Public Service, 1999
Guest on the Kevin Bullard radio program KPBC AM 770,1997
Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 1996
Editor's Choice Award, National Library of Poetry, 1995
Who's Who in Poetry, 1992
United States Army Achievement Medal, 1990
Personal testimony dramatized for international radio program Unshackled, 1986
Outstanding Young Men of the South, 1981
United States Air Force Commendation Medal, 1978
Two USAF suggestion awards, 1976
NCO of the Quarter, 1975
Freedom Foundation Award, 1975